Wednesday 16 June 2010

Such a Perfect Day

Is it just me, or did today turn into the most perfect day?

When I got up it was really quite dull and chilly, but by the time I got to work, it was already a lot brighter.



By the time I went out for a late lunch, it was the most glorious day; there was quite a breeze, but even so it was one of those perfect English summer days. 

There is something really special about the quality of the light in the early summer, and for some reason it is better when there is a strong breeze. Is it because the wind blows away all the dirty and pollution, or is it something else? I really don't know, but it is just wonderful.



When I got home from work I suggested to my Man that we take the bikes and find a pub by the river for a swift pre-dinner drink, it was so peaceful. Possibly helped by the fact that we found the only pub that was out of the sun, but the views were pretty and we enjoyed watching the birdlife on the river.



All in all, for a 'school' day, it could not have been much better.

No comments: